Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting High in the Head House

Our COMM 469 assignment today was to go shoot a feature that made use of some of Andy Garcia's tips from his blog.  I wandered around campus in my usual feature lather, then I walked by the greenhouse.  I wasn't sure if anybody would be in there, or if it would even be unlocked, but I strolled right in and found a room full of students counting leaves in these little sample cups.  I did lots of experimenting (regretfully, that's my horrible orange ladder on the floor) and contortions to figure out the angle for this shot, and the students were remarkably friendly (even as I almost flipped the table holding their entire class's experiment) as I swung from the rafters.
Dara Brown (sophomore-environmental resource management) counts leaves for a Biology 220 class in the Head House of Buckhout Lab on Tuesday.

And since my wonderful photo editor Mara sits next to me in 469, I made it B/W in case it runs in tomorrow's Collegian.  I was experimenting with dodging and burning here... I think I need to continue experimenting.
Dara Brown (sophomore-environmental resource management) counts leaves for a Biology 220 class in the Head House of Buckhout Lab on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share