Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting a Tattoo

As part of a P.S. (weekend magazine) feature about tattoos for the Collegian, I went with a reporter to a tattoo shop in town, where I was really lucky to be given unfettered access to film someone getting a tattoo.  This was Cristin Mitchell's tenth tattoo, but it was my first.


Getting a Tattoo at Tattoo Marks from The Daily Collegian on Vimeo.

This was a fascinating assignment because tattoos are naturally a visual medium, and because I'd never seen someone get a tattoo before.  I'd had a faint idea that there was a vibrating needle involved and it stung, so it was extremely cool to be able to get right next to Cristin getting tattoed by Tim Sellers, of Tattoo Marks.

This was just a supplement for a longer story, but I'd really like to do more video about tattoos, mostly because filming them from a foot away is so rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share